Monday, September 7, 2009

Was I too young to start College?

Students can accomplish far more than we typically give them credit for. As a returning student I feel very uncertain about what my college future holds. After taking seven years off from school to join the workforce, I have decided to return to school and complete my degree. Speaking from experience when your a young student trivial and material things matter more than studying and preparing for the future. When I was a young first year student I took my professors for granted and did not take advantage of the knowledge they wanted to pass on. During the seven years working I had to adjust my attitude so that I could earn money and continue to work. I learned key lessons in the workforce like punctuality and meeting deadlines. I would not have been able to build my character and work ethic without managers constantly pushing me to do my best and more. All professors need to set their expectations high for all their students as well as all students need to set their bars just as high for professors. If both expect high standards then both will be able to reach their goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment